GWSC Scholarships to study Master’s degree in Asian Institute of Technology
The Global Water & Sanitation Center (GWSC) is pleased to announce the establishment of ‘GWSC Scholarships’ for those students who want to study Master’s degree at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT). The main objective of this scholarships is to support outstanding students & young professionals from developing countries to study engineering, environment, and management studies and contribute to their nation’s development.
Global Water and Sanitation Center (GWSC), a newly established center at AIT aims to expedite and support WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) strategy in Asia and beyond by leveraging funding from governments, international financing institutions & other development partners. Currently, the center is hosting global water and sanitation initiatives, supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, such as Technical Assistance Hub (TA Hub), Development and scaling up of Integrated Municipal Information System (IMIS), Improvement of the National Sanitation Dashboard (NSD) & Women in Sanitation Enterprises Project (WISE).
South and Southeast Asia (Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal as priority)
• Candidate should have a cumulative GPA ≥3.5 in bachelor’s degree.
• Candidate should have IELTS-Academic with a score of 6.0 or AIT EET Score of 6.0.
• Brief research proposal on improving water supply, sanitation and hygiene including integration of data, gender, climate change.
• Candidates working in the public sector will have an advantage.
• Scholarships equivalent to 12 credits of tuition fee and 2 semester registration fees.
• Opportunity for internships in GWSC or GWSC partner institutes. GWSC has partnerships with more than 40 institutions.
• Office and facilities to conduct research in GWSC.
• Financial support to conduct research.
Contact: Prof. Sangam Shrestha & Prof. Thammarat Koottatep (Co-Directors)
To apply AIT, please visit http://bit.ly/ait-admission
Deadline for August 2023 Intake: 30 April 2023