Dr. Joyee S. Chatterjee
Gender and Development Studies, Department of Development and Sustainability
AREA OF EXPERTISE
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
Ph.D. Communication, University of Southern California, USA. 2012
M.A. Communication Management, University of Southern California, USA. 2005
M.A. Social Work, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India. 2001
B.A. Political Science, Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University, India. 1999
- Global Health
- Gender & Media
- Development Communication
- Gender & Culture
- Popular Media and Social Change.
- Chatterjee, J.S., Pasricha R., Mitra, R. Frank, L.B. (2021). Challenging the Forcefield: Crafting Entertainment-Education Transmedia Campaign. In L. B. Frank & P. Falzone (2021). Entertainment-Education Behind the Scenes: Case Studies for Theory and Practice. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Vashisth C. & Chatterjee, J.S. (Under Review). Invisible Intersections: Law, Intimate Partner Violence and Challenges for Transgender Individuals in India.
- Song, C., Chatterjee, J.S., Doane, D., Doneys, P. (2021). Men in Mixed-Orientation Marriages in Contemporary China: Unpacking the Role of Heteronormativity, Patriarchy and Filial Piety. Journal of Family Issues
- Fadlallah, M.A*., Pal, I. & Chatterjee, J.S. (2020). Health Disparities: A perspective on internal migration and health behavior in Sudan. Annals of Global Health 86(1): 48, 1–14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5334/aogh.2589
- Moran, M. B., Chatterjee, J. S., Frank, L. B., Murphy, S. T., Zhao, N., Chen, N., & Ball-Rokeach S. (2016). Individual, Cultural and Structural Predictors of Vaccine Safety Confidence and Influenza Vaccination Among Hispanic Female Subgroups. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, DOI: 10.1007/s10903-016-0428-9.
- Murphy, S.T., Frank, L.B., Chatterjee, J.S., & Baezconde-Garbanati, L. (2013). Narrative versus non-narrative: The role of identification, transportation, and emotion in reducing health disparities. Journal of Communication, 63(1), 116-137. doi:10.1111/jcom.12007
- Lapsansky, C., & Chatterjee, J.S. (2013). Masculinity Matters: Using Entertainment Education to Engage Men in Ending Domestic Violence in India. Critical Arts: Special Issue on Entertainment Education, 27(1), 36-55. DOI:10.1080/02560046.2013.766972
- Frank, L. B., Chatterjee, J.S., Chaudhuri, S., Lapsansky, C., Bhanot, A., & Murphy, S.T. (2012). Conversation and compliance: The role of interpersonal discussion and social norms in public communication campaigns. Journal of Health Communication, 17(9), 1050-1067. doi:10.1080/10810730.2012.665426
- Chatterjee, J.S., Bhanot, A., Frank, L.B., Murphy, S.T., & Power, G. (2009). The importance of interpersonal discussion and self-efficacy in knowledge, attitude, and practice models. International Journal of Communication, 3, 607-634.
- Redefining Age-Friendly and Resilient Cities – Lesson from Swiss and ASEAN cities’ response to COVID-19
Funded by: ETH, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
January 2021 – December 2021
- Energy Demand Changes Induced by Technological and Social innovations
Funded by: Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth, Japan
December 2020 – July 2022
- Understanding Barriers and Working Pathways to Women’s Political Participation in Myanmar
Funded by: IDRC
June 2018– August 2021
- Experiences of Discrimination in Health & Workplace and Attitude towards LGBTI in Thailand
Funded by: UNDP
October 2017– October 2018
- Crafting Gender Transformative Characters for Entertainment Education Interventions
Funded by: AIT Initiation Grant
Period: December 2016– July 2017