Dr. Loc Thai Nguyen
Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology, Department of Food, Agriculture, and Bioresource
AREA OE EXPERTISE
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
2009: Ph.D., Food Science and Technology, The Ohio State University, USA.
2005: M.Sc., Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
1997: B.Sc., Food Technology, Can Tho University, Vietnam
- Non-thermal food processing technologies
- Mathematical modeling of foods and food processes
- Chemical sensors and biosensors for food safety application
- Food waste recycling and utilization
- Ho, T. D., Tsusaka, T. W., Kuwornu, J. K., Datta, A., & Nguyen, L. T. (2022). Do rice varieties matter? Climate change adaptation and livelihood diversification among rural smallholder households in the Mekong Delta region of Vietnam. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, 27(1), 1-33.
- Le, T. D., Phasupan, P., Visaruthaphong, K., Chouwatat, P., Thu, V. T., & Nguyen, L. T. (2021). Development of an antimicrobial photodynamic poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate) packaging film for food preservation. Food Packaging and Shelf Life, 30, 100749.
- Ho, T. D., Kuwornu, J. K., Tsusaka, T. W., Nguyen, L. T., & Datta, A. (2021). An assessment of the smallholder rice farming households’ vulnerability to climate change and variability in the Mekong delta region of Vietnam. Local Environment, 26(8), 948-966.
- Phasupan, P., Le, T. D., & Nguyen, L. T. (2021). Assessing the photodynamic efficacy of different photosensitizer-light treatments against foodborne bacteria based on the number of absorbed photons. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 221, 112249.
- Khumsap, T., Bamrungsap, S., Thu, V. T., & Nguyen, L. T. (2021). Epitope-imprinted polydopamine electrochemical sensor for ovalbumin detection. Bioelectrochemistry, 140, 107805.
- Marzuki, S. U., Pranoto, Y., Khumsap, T., & Nguyen, L. T. (2021). Effect of blanching pretreatment and microwave-vacuum drying on drying kinetics and physicochemical properties of purple-fleshed sweet potato. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 58(8), 2884-2895.
- Ho, T. D., Kuwornu, J. K., Tsusaka, T. W., Nguyen, L. T., & Datta, A. (2021). Factors influencing the choice of marketing channel by rice producers: evidence from the Mekong Delta Region, Vietnam. International Journal of Value Chain Management, 12(4), 336-356.
- Khumsap, T., Corpuz, A., & Nguyen, L. T. (2021). Epitope-imprinted polymers: applications in protein recognition and separation. RSC Advances, 11(19), 11403-11414.
- Le, T. D., Phasupan, P., & Nguyen, L. T. (2020). Antimicrobial photodynamic efficacy of selected natural photosensitizers against food pathogens: Impacts and interrelationship of process parameters. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy, 32, 102024.
- Khumsap, T., & Nguyen, L. T. (2021). Molecularly imprinted polymer composites for detecting toxic contaminants in agricultural products. In Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Composites (pp. 309-344). Woodhead Publishing.
- Recycling and value addition of fish skin waste to produce bioactive peptides. (Preliminary study). Sponsor: Centers for Global Advancement and International Affairs (Rutgers University, USA). Duration: April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2019. PI. Amount: 1000 USD.
- AIT Seed Grant (completed). Sponsor: AIT. Duration: Dec. 2014- July 2015. PI. Amount: 60,000 baht.
- Development of Photactivated Antimicrobial Bio-nanocomposite Packaging Materials. Research Proposal for Bangchak Initiative and Innovation Centre (BIIC@AIT) Funding – 2019. PI. 350000 Baht.