Dr. Mohana Sundaram Shanmugam
- Ph.D in Water Resources Engineering. Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India (2016)
- M.Tech in Agricultural Systems and Management. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India (2009)
- B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India (2007)
Research interests include irrigation water management, groundwater recharge estimation, soil moisture monitoring and modelling in unsaturated zone, chemical leaching modelling into the groundwater systems, remote sensing and GIS applications for water resources and agriculture and time series and geostatistical modelling of environmental observations.
- CE 74.22: Irrigation and Drainage Systems and Management
1. D’Alessio, M., Wang, T., Swift, C.E., Mohana Sundaram, S., Ray, C., (2018). A Tier-I leaching risk assessment of three anticoagulant compounds in the forested areas of Hawai’i, Science of The Total Environment, 630, 889-902. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.02.257
2. Mohanasundaram, S., Balaji N., and Suresh Kumar, G (2016). Transfer function noise modelling of groundwater level fluctuation using threshold rainfall based binary weighted parameter estimation approach, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 62(1), 36-49. https://doi.org/10.1080/02626667.2016.1171325
3. Mohanasundaram, S., Suresh Kumar, G., and Balaji, N (2013). Numerical modelling of fluid flow through unsaturated zone using dual porosity approach, ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 19(2), 97-110. https://doi.org/10.1080/09715010.2013.787715
4. Mohanasundaram, S., Suresh Kumar G., Balaji Narasimhan (2019). A novel deseasonalized time series model with an improved seasonal estimate for groundwater level predictions. H2Open Journal, In press.
Best student paper award for the paper entitled “Groundwater Recharge and Discharge Zones Delineation using Remote Sensing and GIS” from ISAE-2009 conference, Ranchi, India
Best student paper award for the paper entitled “Numerical Modeling of Fluid Flow through Unsaturated Zone using Dual Porosity Approach” from HYDRO-2012 conference, Mumbai, India
|Irrigation water management, Soil water modelling, Remote Sensing and GIS, Crop growth modelling|