Prof. Mokbul Morshed Ahmad
Ph.D. from The University of Durham, Durham, UK under Commonwealth Scholarship, 2000
MSc. in Rural and Regional Development Planning from the Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, 1993
MSc. in Geography from Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh with thesis “Role of NGOs in The Rural Development of Bangladesh: A Case Study in Income Generation”, 1990
B.Sc. (Hons) in Geography from Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1989.
- Regional and Rural Development Planning,
- Community Development,
- NGOs/Civil Society, Adaptation to climate change,
- Human conflicts
- Subhani, R. et al. (2021). “Impact of Cyclone Yaas 2021 Aggravated by COVID-19 Pandemic in the Southwest Coastal Zone of Bangladesh”. Sustainability. (https://doi.org/10.3390/su132313324) (MDPI).
- Chaiya, C. and Ahmad, M.M. (2021). “Success or Failure of the Thai Higher Education Development—Critical Factors in the Policy Process of Quality Assurance”. Sustainability. (https://doi.org/10.3390/su13179486) (MDPI). 9
- Manh, N.T. and Ahmad, M.M. (2021). “Indigenous Farmers’ Perception of Climate Change and the Use of Local Knowledge to Adapt to Climate Variability: A Case Study of Vietnam”. Journal of International Development. (DOI: 10.1002/jid.3573) (Wiley).
- Rojjananukulpong, R. Ahmad, M.M. and Saqib, S.E. (2021). “Disparities in Physical Accessibility among Rural Thais Under Universal Health Coverage”. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.20-1627) (The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene).
- Akther, H. and Ahmad, M.M. (2021). “Livelihood under Stress: The Case of Urban Poor during and post‐flood in Dhaka, Bangladesh”. The Geographical Journal. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/geoj.12379) (RGS-IBG/Wiley).
- Yaseen, M. Ahmad, M.M., Soni, P. and Kuwornu, J.K.M. and Saqib, S. E (2021).” Factors influencing cotton farmers’ utilization of marketing information sources: Some empirical evidence from Pakistan”. Development in Practice. (https://doi.org/10.1080/09614524.2021.1911941) (Taylor and Francis).
- Meesook, K. Routray, J.K. and Ahmad, M.M. (2020). “Rural Local Government Finance and Its Management in Thailand: Reflections and Prospective Through Tambon Administrative Organisations”. International Journal of Rural Management. (https://doi.org/10.1177/0973005220945181.(Sage).
- Ullah, F., Saqib, S.E. Ahmad, M.M. and Fadlallah, M.A. (2020). “Flood risk perception and its determinants among rural households in two communities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan”. Natural Hazards. (https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-020-04166-7) (Springer).
- Xinjian, Q. Routray, J.K. Ahmad, M.M. (2020). “Safety Perspectives of High School Students in Western China: Rural-Urban and Gender Comparison”. Development in Practice. Vol. 31, No.3, pp. 344–355 (https://doi.org/10.1080/09614524.2020.1840516) (Taylor and Francis).
- Hussain, F.A. and Ahmad, M.M. (2020). “Effect of climate finance on adaptation in the southwestern coastal region of Bangladesh”. Development in Practice. Vol. 30, No. 7. Pp. 905–922 (https://doi.org/10.1080/09614524.2020.1779663) (Taylor and Francis).
- PI (Principal Investigator) of the project titled “Integration of Sustainability into Bangladesh´s Textile Sector” in collaboration with Technical University of Dresden (Germany) from March-July 2019 with a budget of 554,000 Thai Baht (THB) funded by DAAD, Germany.
- PI (Principal Investigator) of the project titled “Individual behaviour, climate change and sustainability” in collaboration with University of Rouen (France) and Mekong Development Research Institute (Vietnam) from 2016-2018 with budget of 1.3 million Thai Baht funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, France.
- PI (Principal Investigator) of Technology Needs Assessment (TNA) project The UNEP Risoe Centre (URC), Denmark from July 2011 to July 2014 with a budget of 143, 592 US $.
- Co-PI (Principal Investigator) of the project titled “Asian Project Management Support Programme (APMAS)” funded by IFAD with a budget of 45,150,000 THB from Dec/2009 to June 2014.
- Team member of the project titled “Understanding the Next Agricultural Transition in Asia” funded by the Rockefeller Foundation from Nov/2009-July/2010. The budget was 2,768,193 THB.