Dr. Peeyush Soni
Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Systems And Engineering, Department of Food, Agriculture, and Bioresources
AREA OF EXPERTISE
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
Doctor of Engineering (Agriculture) Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok (Thailand). Aug 2003 – Dec 2006
Master of Engineering (Agriculture) Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok (Thailand). Jan 2002 – Aug 2003
- Sustainable agricultural production
- Energy input-output analysis of agricultural systems
- Techno-Economic & environment performance of agricultural systems
- Design & testing of smallholders farm machinery for sustainable mechanization
- Field scouting & precision farming using low-altitude remote sensing
- Controlled environment agriculture
- Wetland traction studies.
- Sahapat Chalachai, Peeyush Soni, Anuchit Chamsing, Vilas M. Salokhe (xxxx). “A Critical Review of Mechanization in Cassava Harvesting in Thailand”. International Agricultural Engineering Journal. Publisher: AAAE. ISSN: 0858-2114. Date accepted:
- Dec, 2013 2. Adisak Suvittawat, Peeyush Soni, Do Ba Khang and Barbara Igel (xxxx). “Cassava Root Supply Chain in Nakhornratchasima Province: Challenges and Opportunities for Local Starch Mills” Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment. Publisher: WFL ISSN: 1459-0255. Accepted for publication on: 15 March 2013. RF 9524358
- Warinthon Yimyong and Peeyush Soni (xxxx). “Effects of Modified Atmosphere Packaging on Quality of Cut Dendrobium Orchid”. Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment. Publisher: WFL Date accepted: 20 July 2013. ISSN: 1459-0255
- Nita Kuswardhani, Peeyush Soni, and Ganesh P. Shivakoti (xxxx). “Cluster Analysis for Classification of Farm Households Based on Socio-Economic Characteristics for Greenhouse Technology Adoption: A Case Study of West-Java Province, Indonesia” Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment. Publisher: WFL Date accepted: 20 July 2013 ISSN: 1459-0255
- Muhammad Makky and Peeyush Soni (2014). “In-situ Quality Assessment of Intact Oil Palm Fresh Fruit Bunches using Rapid Portable Non-contact and Non-destructive Approach”. Journal of Food Engineering, 120: 248-259. Publisher: Elsevier . ISSN: 0260-8774.
- Enhancing Productivity and Market Linkages- Improving the Livelihoods and Food Security of Smallholders in Asia. Agricultural Learning Exchange for Asian Regional Networking (AgLEARN). US Agency for International Development (USAID)/Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA). May 2013 – Apr 2016
- Preparation of an Analytical Publication on the Status and Future of Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization in Asia and the Pacific. FAO of the United Nations (Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific). Jan 2013 – Dec 2013.
- Development of an Instrumentation and Data Acquisition System for Agricultural Tractor. John Deere India Pte. Ltd. Feb 2012 – Dec 2013
- Short-term training visit program for MBA final year students as a part of their international internship on Agribusiness and Agroindustries in Thailand. Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences (Allahabad), India. Aug 2011 – Dec 2013
- Laboratory training program for capacity building of SQU. Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat (Oman). Jul 2010 – Dec 2013