Dr. Syed Shurid Khan
- PhD in Economics, MA in Economics, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA; MBA in Finance & Marketing, IBA – University of Dhaka; Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics & Finance, North South University, Dhaka, Graduate Certificate in Leadership, East-West Center, Honolulu, USA.
Current Research Topics
– Resource & Environmental Economics,
– Local Food System Modeling
– Financial Modeling
– Assistant Professor in Economics & Finance Program Coordinator– Asian University for Women, Chittagong August 2019 – December 2021
– Adjunct Faculty – BRAC University School of Business, Dhaka May-August 2019 Organizational Behavior & Leadership (MBA Program)
– Visiting Faculty, IBA, University of Dhaka, January 2019 – June 2019
– Lecturer in Economics, University of Hawaii at Manoa August 2015 – December 2018
– Khan SS, Arita S, Howitt R, Leung P. A calibrated model oflocal food system of Hawaii: What are the economic implications of the state’s food goalsand policies? Natural Resource Modeling. 2018;e12196.
– Khan, S. S., Yang, Y., Greaney, T., Leung, P. (2020). Who leads the price in Honolulu’s food market? An evaluation of the competitiveness of local foods. Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing, 32(5), 464-481.
– “Incorporating Non-Commercial Farming into a Positive Mathematical Programming Crop Model of Hawaii”. (with Shawn Arita; Richard Howitt; and PingSun Leung).
Presented at the 92nd Annual Conference of Western Economic Association International, June 2017, San Diego, CA, USA. Forthcoming.
– Renewable Energy Policies in Southeast Asia’s Corporate Sector: Possibilities and Hurdles in Reaping the Economic benefits. Work in Progress.
– Environmental Finance: Why Should Investors be Worried about Investing in Brazil’s Food Market? Work in Progress.
– Promoting Food Brands: Understanding the Southeast Asian Market through the Lens of Nescafé. Work in Progress.
– Micro-celebrities: a Business Model for aspiring social media influencers, promoting luxury brands, lifestyle, health food, and wellness products. Work in Progress.