Dr. Tanujjal Bora
Assistant professor / Director
Bio-Nano Materials Science and Engineering / Center of Excellence in Nanotechnology
AWARDS AND HONORS
- D.Eng. (Nanotechnology) – Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 2012
- M.Eng. (Microelectronics) – Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 2009
- B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering) – North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, India, 2006
- Nanomaterials for energy harvesting
- Water & air purification
- Nano- and Bio-sensors
- Nanostructured surfaces & thin film coatings
- Optoelectronic devices
- Green technology development
- Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
- Nano-Micro Fabrication Technologies
- Characterization Tools in Nanotechnology
- Colloids & Nanoparticles
- Biosensors & Bioelectronics
- Nanotechnology for Solar Cells
- Circular Economy: Science, Engineering and Business Innovation
- S. Shamim, G.L. Hornyak, D. Crespy, H.H. Kyaw, T. Bora, Morphology and Visible Photoluminescence Modulation in Dye-free Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles using a Simple Calcination Step. Materials Research Bulletin, 152 (2022) 111842.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- C.A. Rico-Yuson, S. Danwittayakul, S. Kumar, G.L. Hornyak, T. Bora, Sequential dip-coating of CsPbBr3 perovskite films in ambient conditions and their photovoltaic performance. Journal of Materials Science, (2022) 1-14.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/
- T.D. Le, P. Phasupan, V.T. Thu, T. Bora, L.T. Nguyen, Effect of cellulose nanocrystals on the properties of the photoactive aloe emodin poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-
hydroxyvalerate) packaging film. Applied Research (2022), e202100015.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ appl.202100015
- C.A. Rico-Yuson, G.L. Hornyak, T. Bora, Cyanide-free environment-friendly alternative to copper electroplating for zinc die-cast alloys. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 28 (2021) 38065–38073.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/
- K. Sharma, T. Bora & W.S. Mohammed, Effect of solvent absorption on the optical properties of 3D printed methacrylate waveguide. Optics & Laser Technology, 134 (2021) 106573.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- S. Dobretsov, P. Sathe, T. Bora, M. Barry, M.T.Z. Myint, M. Al Abri, Toxicity of different zinc oxide nanomaterials at three trophic levels: implications for development of low‐toxicity antifouling agents. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 39 (2020) 1343-1354.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/etc.
- A. Agarwal, S. Manna, S. Nath, K. Sharma, P. Choudhury, T. Bora, I. Solomon & A. Sarma, Controlling oil/water separation using oleophillic and hydrophobic coatings based on Plasma Technology. Materials Research Express, 7 (2020) 036411.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-
- S. Amjad, K. Swargiary, M. Somarapalli, T. Bora, G.L. Hornyak & W.S. Mohammed, Enhancement of side-coupled surface plasmon resonance sensitivity by application of polymethylmethacrylate thin polymer films. Micro & Nano Letters, 15 (2020), 327-332.
- K. Ponlamuangdee, G.L. Hornyak, T. Bora & S. Bamrungsap, Graphene oxide/gold nanorod plasmonic paper–a simple and cost-effective SERS substrate for anticancer drug analysis. New Journal of Chemistry, 44 (2020), 14087-14094.
- U. Waiwijit, C. Chananonnawathorn, P. Eimchai, T. Bora, G.L. Hornyak & N. Nuntawong, Fabrication of Au-Ag nanorod SERS substrates by co-sputtering technique and dealloying with selective chemical etching. Applied Surface Science, 530 (2020), 147171.
- ADB-JSP Thesis of the Year, 2022 under the category “Research & Development for Technological Innovation” (My student Ms. Rezoana B. Arif, whom I supervised, won the award)
- The National Research Award 2018, Oman.
- AIT Distinguished Teaching Award (2018)
- Sheikh Saqr Al Qasimi Graduate Research Fellowship during PhD (2010 – 2012)
- Best AIT Master Thesis Award in 2009
- Infineon Prize for Outstanding Academic Performance in Microelectronics in 2009
- AIT Fellowship during Master of Engineering (2007 – 2009)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2007, Score: 344)
- Merit Scholarship by North East Council of Education, India during B. Tech. (2002 – 2006)
Assam High School Scholarship up to Class X (1993 – 1998)
- Member of IEEE Nanotechnology Council
Member of IEEE Electron Devices Society
- Member of IEEE Photonics Society
- Member of International Water Association
- Founding member of WellTech Center, AIT
- Founding Member of Centre for South and South East Asia Multi-Disciplinary Research Network on Transforming Societies of Global South (SMARTS), AIT
- Plasmonic materials
- Optical devices
- Sustainable nanotechnology