Dr. Thi Phuoc Lai Nguyen
Development Planning Management and Innovation, Department of Development and Sustainability
AREA OF EXPERTISE
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
PhD, Governance and Complex System, University of Sassari, Italy. 2014
M.A., Development, Innovation and Change (MIDIC), University of Bologna, Italy. 2009
- Rural and environmental sociology
- Coupled human-environment complex systems
- Social dimensions of climate and environmental and technology
- STEM education and sustainable development
- Agri-environmental policy
- Nguyen T.P.L., Virdis SGP, Vu TB. (2023). “Matter of climate change” or “Matter of rapid urbanization”? Young people’s concerns for the present and future urban water resources in Ho Chi Minh City metropolitan area, Vietnam. Applied Geography 153:102906. DOI: 10.1016/j.apgeog.2023.102906
- Nguyen T.P.L. (2023). Integrating circular economy into STEM education: A promising pathway toward circular citizenship development. Frontiers in Education 8. DOI: 10.3389/feduc.2023.1063755.
- Nguyen, T.P.L., Sean, C. 2021. Do climate uncertainties trigger farmers’ out-migration in the Lower Mekong Region? Current Research in Environmental Sustainability 3: 100087.
- Nguyen, T.P.L., Seddaiu, G., Roggero, P.P. (2019). “Declarative or procedural knowledge? Knowledge for enhancing farmers’ mitigation and adaptation behaviour to climate change.” Journal of Rural Studies 67: 46- 56. 005
- Nguyen, T.P.L., Seddaiu, G., Virdis, S.G.P., Tidore, C., Pasqui, M., & Roggero, P.P. (2016). Perceiving to learn or learning to perceive? Understanding farmers’ perceptions and adaptation to climate uncertainties. Agricultural Systems, 143, 205-216.
- Nguyen, T.P.L., Virdis SGP, Winijkul E. (2022). Inequality of low air quality-related health impacts among socioeconomic groups in the world of work. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph191912980
- PI, STEM education: conceptions and practices for sustainable development in Vietnam. Donor: ADB/VNMOET (on-going)
- Co-PI, Assessment of Groundwater Sustainability in the Special Economic Zone of Thailand for Operational Groundwater Management. Donor: SUMERNET 4 ALL (on-going)
- Co-PI Strengthening ground water governance in urbanizing areas of lower Mekong region. Donor: SUMERNET 4 ALL (on-going)
- PI – Farming systems and role of institutions in transition towards sustainable agricultural sectors in Thailand (ongoing). Donor: CIRAD, Centre de Cooperation Internationale en recherché Agronomique pour le Development, France.
- PI- Public concerns about water use resources in Vietnam: “matter of climate change’ or matter of urban development (2017-2018). Donor: Asian Institute of Technology.