Dr. Thi Phuoc Lai Nguyen
Development Planning Management and Innovation, Department of Development and Sustainability
AREA OF EXPERTISE
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
PhD, Governance and Complex System, University of Sassari, Italy. 2014
M.A., Development, Innovation and Change (MIDIC), University of Bologna, Italy. 2009
- Rural and environmental sociology
- Coupled human-environment complex systems
- Social dimensions of climate and environmental and technology
- STEM education and sustainable development
- Agri-environmental policy
- Nguyen, T.P.L., Nguyen, T.H., Tran, T.K. (2020). STEM education in secondary schools: Teachers’ perspective towards sustainable development. Sustainability 2020, 12(21), pp. 1–16, 8865.
- Cammaert, R. Nguyen, T.P.L., Tanaka, S.(2020). Kindergarten to Grade 12 Reforms in Viet Nam. Education in the Asia-Pacific Region, 2020, 55, pp. 89–97
- Nguyen, T.P.L. Inkong, N. Faysse, N. (2020). Role of local institutions in the transition towards sustainable agriculture: The case study of Thailand. WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, 2020, 245 pp. 135–143
- Nguyen, T. P. L., Seddaiu, G., Roggero, P.P. (2019). “Declarative or procedural knowledge? Knowledge for enhancing farmers’ mitigation and adaptation behavior to climate change.” Journal of Rural Studies 67: 46- 56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrurstud.2019.02.005
- Nguyen, T.P.L.; Peña-García, A. (2019) Users’ Awareness, Attitudes, and Perceptions of Health Risks Associated with Excessive Lighting in Night Markets: Policy Implications for Sustainable Development. Sustainability 2019, 11, 6091.
- PI, STEM education: conceptions and practices for sustainable development in Vietnam. Donor: ADB/VNMOET (on-going)
- Co-PI, Assessment of Groundwater Sustainability in the Special Economic Zone of Thailand for Operational Groundwater Management. Donor: SUMERNET 4 ALL (on-going)
- Co-PI Strengthening ground water governance in urbanizing areas of lower Mekong region. Donor: SUMERNET 4 ALL (on-going)
- PI – Farming systems and role of institutions in transition towards sustainable agricultural sectors in Thailand (ongoing). Donor: CIRAD, Centre de Cooperation Internationale en recherché Agronomique pour le Development, France.
- PI- Public concerns about water use resources in Vietnam: “matter of climate change’ or matter of urban development (2017-2018). Donor: Asian Institute of Technology.