Dr. Vatcharapol Sukhotu
Operation Management, Supply Chain Management
PhD in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, USA (2002); M.E. in Industrial Engineering, University of Houston, Texas, USA (1998); B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand (1996); Certificate, Strategic Management Program, Macquarie University Graduate School of Management, Australia (2004)
AIT, School of Management, Assistant Professor, 2010 – Present
Tesco Lotus, Senior Manager (Vice President), Operations Development, 2006 – 2010
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Manager, Advisory Services, Thailand 2005 – 2006
Toll Logistics, Toll Group, Commercial Manager, Toll (Thailand) Ltd. Business Development Manager, Toll AutoLogistics, 2003 – 2005
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi,With GPA 4.0/4.0 and among the upper ten percent of graduate students in all disciplines, 2002
Logistics Capacity Building and Center of Excellence, Federation of Thai Industry, Committee Member, 2008 – 2010
Books and Monographs
Sukhotu, V. (2007). Logistics outsourcing, Bangkok, Federation of Thai Industry
Sukhotu, V. (2007). Transportation management, Bangkok, Federation of Thai Industry
Articles in Refereed International Journals
1. Sukhotu, V. and Peters, B. (2012). Modelling of material handling systems for facility design in manufacturing environments with jobspecific routing, International Journal of Production Research, 2012, 1– 18
2. Iamratanakul S., Badir, Y., Siengthai, S., and Sukhotu, V. (2013) Indicators of best practices in technology product development projects: prioritizing critical success factors, International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 7 –
3. Thien, N. P., Luong, H. T., Khang, D. B., Sukhotu V. (2013) Revenue sharing contract with two-way penalties, International Journal of Operational Research, 23 – 1.
4. Chiralaksanakul, A. and Sukhotu, V. (2015). Optimal supply chain replenishment with shelf-refill trips from backroom storage, Journal of Modelling in Management, 11 – 4.
5. Sapsanguanboon, W. and Sukhotu V. (2015). Sustainable retail supply chain management practices: A case study of a modern trade retailer in an emerging market, Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 08 – 6.
6. Pakdeechoho, N. and Sukhotu, V. (2018). Sustainable supply chain collaboration: incentives in emerging economies, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, https://doi.org/10.1108/JMTM- 05-2017-0081
Papers in Refereed Conference Proceedings
1. Peters, B. and Sukhotu, V. (2002). Modeling of material handling systems in manufacturing environments with Multiple Job Types. Progress in Material Handling Research 2002, 381-404, R. Meller, M. Ogle, B. Peters, D. Taylor, and J. Usher (editors), Material Handling Institute.
2. Peters, B. and Sukhotu, V. (2003). A rectangular-block-layout approach for facility design. In Proceedings of 17th International Conference on Production Research, August 2003, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
3. Sukhotu V. (2006). Efficient logistics network using inter-modal hubs, the case of inland container depot in northeastern region of Thailand. In Proceedings of International Conference on Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development, January 2006, Khonkaen, Thailand.
4. S. Iamratanakul, B. Rassameethes, V. Sukhotu, and S. Siengthai. (2012). Modeling Barriers for Technology Projects, Operation Research Network Conference (OR-NET 2012), 6 – 7 September 2012, Bangkok, Thailand.
5. S. Iamratanakul, B. Rassameethes, V. Sukhotu, S. Siengthai, V. Kachitvichyanukul, and R. Shankar. (2012). Modeling the Macroenvironmental Influences: An International Logistics View, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 10 – 13 December 2012, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
6. S. Iamratanakul and V. Sukhotu. (2011). Inventory and Demand Forecasting at non-profit Retailer Industries, In Proceedings of the 11th Thai Consortium of Value Chain Management and Logistics, Pataya, Thailand, 2011.
7. S. Iamratanakul, V. Sukhotu, and R. Shankar. (2012). Barriers of Technology Project: An Interpretive Model. In Proceedings of the International Association of Management of Technology Conference, Taiwan, 2012.
8. Sukhotu V. and Iamratanakul, S. (2013). An EOQ model with consideration of second-trip in-store replenishment. In Proceedings of 2013 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 10 – 13 December 2013, Bangkok, Thailand.
9. Sapsanguanboon, W. and Sukhotu V. (2016). Knowledge and Skills of Store Managers in Sustainable Retail Supply Chain Management in an Emerging Market, In Proceedings of Retailing in Emerging Markets: Sustainability and Regulatory Challenges, The Eighth Conference on Retailing in the Asia Pacific, 28 – 30 September 2016, Bangkok, Thailand
10. Pakdeechoho, N. and Sukhotu V. (2017). Incentives for sustainability initiatives in a supply chain: a case of the food manufacturing industry in Thailand, In Proceedings of 5th Global Conference on Business & Social Sciences, 4 – 5 May 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1. Sukhotu, V. (2007). Distribution strategy through a distribution center. Journal of Supply Chain Management: Research & Practice, 1, 59-64.
2. Sukhotu, V. (2011). Retail single-trip in-store replenishment. Journal of Supply Chain Management: Research & Practice, 5, 4-11.
3. Sukhotu, V. (2011). An EOQ model with consideration of second-trip in-store replenishment. AIT School of Management Working Paper Series
4. Sukhotu, V. (2013). The evolutions of sales and operations planning, The Link, Bangkok Post, 27 February 2013.
5. Sukhotu, V. (2017). Primary distribution for modern trade retailer. Forward, Jan – March 2014
6. Sukhotu, V. (2016). AEC Impact towards mainland logistics in GMS countries. Forward, April – June 2016
7. Sukhotu, V. (2017). The dawn of 4.0 logistics era. Forward, April – June 2017
Invited Lectures and Keynote Addresses
1. Inbound Logistics, Delivering Value”, AutoLogistics&SCM World, Asia 2004, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, Organized by Terrapinn.
2. Measuring & Improving Your Supply Chain Outsourcing” Measuring & Improving Supply Chain Performance, 2005, Conrad Hotel, Bangkok, Organized by Asia Business Forum.
3. Distribution Strategy, Logistics Professional Conference, 2007, Organized by ITL Trade Media
4. Logistics Outsourcing, Logistics Asia, 2007, Organized by ITL Trade Media and MAI.
5. Supply Chain Management, Industry Ministry, 2007.
6. Global Supply Chain Management, Public Management Executive Development Program, 2010.
7. Managing Supply Chain Development Projects, Panel Discussion, Industrial Promotion Department, 2010
8. Logistics Management for Competitive Advantage, Public Management Executive Development Program, 2011.
9. Supply and Demand Planning, Panel Discussion, Infor Conference, InterContinental, Bangkok, Thailand, 2013
10. Process Driven Change, Supply and Demand Planning, AIT Technology Event, InterContinental, Bangkok, Thailand, 2013 11. Primary distribution to modern-trade retailer DCs, AIT Solutions Day, AIT, Thailand, 2016