Prof. Chettiyappan Visvanathan
1988 :Ph.D in Chemical/Environmental Engineering, Institut de Génie Chimique, Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse, Toulouse, France.
1986 :Diplôme d’études approfondies(DEA), in Chemical/ Environmental Engineering, Institut de Génie Chimique, Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse, Toulouse, France.
1984: M.Engg in Environmental Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand.
1981 :B. Tech in Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India.
- Membrane Technology
- Integrated Solid Waste Management
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
- Industrial Environment Management
- C. Visvanathan and A. Abeynayaka, “Development and future potentials of anaerobic membrane bioreactors” J. Membrane Water Treatment, Vol: 3, No: 1, pp: 1-23, 2012.
- S. Jamal Khan, C. Visvanathan and V. Jegatheesan, Effect of powdered activated carbon (PAC) and cationic polymer on biofouling mitigation in hybrid MBRs, J. Bioresource Technology, 113, 165-168, 2012.
- S. Jamal Khan,,Z-Ur Rehman, C. Visvanathan and V. Jegatheesan, “Influence of Bioflim Carriers on Membrane Fouling Propensity in Moving Bioflim Membrane Bioreactors”J.Bioresource Technology, 113, 161-164, 2012
- N.P. Dan, L.V. Khoa, B.X. Thanh, P.T. Nga and C. Visvanathan, “Potential of Wastewater Reclamation to Reduce Fresh Water Stress in Ho Chi Mind City – Vietnam”, Journal of Water Sustainability, 1, 3, 21-29, 2011.
- A. Abeynayaka and C. Visvanathan, “ Performance comparison of mesophilic and theromophilic aerobic side stream MBR treating high strength wastewaters” J of Bioresource Technology , 102, 5345-5352, 2011.
- A. Abeynayaka and C. Visvanathan, “ Mesophilic and theromophilic aerobic batch biodegradation, utilization of carbon and nitrogen sources in high strength wastewater, J of Bioresource Technology , 102, 2358-2366, 2011.
- R. Rattanaoudom and C. Visvanathan, “Removal of PFOA by Hybrid Membrane Filtration using PAC and Hydrotalcite” J. Desalination and Water Treatment, 32, 262-270, 2011 . 8. C. Visvanathan, “Business and Employment Opportunities in Waste Management and Recycling in Asia” editorial note, , J. Waste Management, 31, 1083-1084, 2011
- K.C. Wijekoon, C. Visvanathan and A. Abeynayaka, “ Effect of organic loading rate on VFA Production, organic matter removal and microbial activity of a two stage thermophilic anaerobic membrane bioreactor” J of Bioresource Technology ,102, 5353-5360, 2011
- J. Nithikul, O.P.Karthikeyan and C. Visvanathan, “Reject management from a mechanical biological treatment plant in Bangkok, Thailand”, J. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 55, 417-422, 2011.
- S. Jamal Khan,, Shazia Ilyas, Sadaf Javid, C. Visvanathan and V. Jegatheesan, “Performance of Suspended and Attached Growth MBR Systems in Treating High Strength Synthetic Wastewater”, J. Bioresource Technology, 5331-5336, 2011
- Development of water treatment equipment for high-rate sedimentation filtration system suitable for Thailand water quality characteristics 2015- 2017
Funding Agency: NOXKOREA
- Reports in drinking water services and technologies in Asian countries- Extended 2015-2017
Funding Agency: Japan Water Research Center (JWRC)
- Community Scale, decentralized Anaerobic Digestion for energy and resource recovery 2016-2018
Funding Agency: British council
- Water quality and security in Asia Pacific – What 3R and circular economy can offer?
Funding Agency: United Nations
- Development of a Thermophilic Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactor by using PTFE Membrane for Wastewater Treatment and Biogas Production
Funding Agency: Sumitomo