Prof. Joyashree Roy
Ph.D in Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 1991. Concentration: Econometric Modelling of Producer Behaviour for Indian Industries to understand Demand for Energy.
Master of Arts. (Economics), North Eastern Hill University, Shillong,India, 1978.
Bachelor of Arts (Economics Honours) and PUC) : Lady Keane Girls College, Shillong.
- Economics of Pollution and Climate Change
- Modeling energy demand
- Economy-wide modeling exercises for deriving policy implications
- Water quality demand modeling
- Water pricing
- Sustainable development
- Natural resource accounting
- Valuing environmental services
- Developmental and environmental issues relevant to informal sectors
- Coastal Ecosystem service evaluation
- Roy, Joyashree; Some, S; Das, N; Pathak, M (2021) Demand side climate change mitigation actions and SDGs: literature review with systematic evidence search, Environ. Res. Lett. https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/abd81a.
- Dasgupta, S; Das, N; Roy, J (2021) Index decomposition analysis of energy use in India, in Contemporary Issues in Sustainable Development, the case of India (ed) Tanika Chakraborty, Deep Mukherjee, Sarani Saha, Routledge,NY, pp126-145. https://www.routledge.com/Contemporary-Issues-in-Sustainable-Development-The-Case-ofIndia/Chakraborty-Mukherjee-Saha/p/book/9781138227101
- Roy, J., Roy, B., Dasgupta S. and D. Chakravarty. (2011). Business Model to Promote Energy Efficiency: Use of Electrical Appliances in Domestic Sector in West Bengal: A Baseline Study, submitted to Energy Conservation and Commercialization Project, Phase III (ECO III), contract no 386-C-00-06-00153-00 by Global Change Programme, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India. http://eco3.org/wpcontent/plugins/downloads-manager/upload/Report-1038- Bussiness%20Model%20for%20REEC.pdf