Prof. P. Abdul Salam
School of Environment, Resources and Development
AREA OF EXPERTISE
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
Doctor of Engineering, Energy Technology, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 2005
Master of Engineering, Energy Technology, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 1994
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 1991
- Waste to Energy
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy
- Energy Efficiency and Energy Conservation
- Climate change mitigation
- Clean coal technologies
- Carbon capture and storage
- Deepanraj.B, M. Srinivas, N. Arun, G.Sankaranarayanan, and P. Abdul Salam. Comparison of Jatropha and Karanja biofuels on their combustion characteristics. International Journal of Green Energy. Vol.14, No.15, 1231-1237 (2017).
- Sheikh Aminur Rahaman and P. Abdul Salam. Characterization of cold densified rice straw briquettes and the potential use of sawdust as binder. Fuel Processing Technology. 158 (2017) 9-19.
- Joseph Dal Khan Suan, Avishek Datta and P. Abdul Salam. Effect of oil palm fly ash on soil properties and yield of sweet corn in the tropical zone of Thailand. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. Vol.48, No.2, 236-244, 2017.
- Rotchana Intharathirat and P. Abdul Salam. Valorization of MSW-to-Energy in Thailand: Status, Challenges and Prospects. Waste and Biomass Valorization. Volume 7, Issue 1, pp 31-57, February 2016.
- Rotchana Intharathirat, P. Abdul Salam, S. Kumar and Akarapong Untong. Forecasting of municipal solid waste quantity in a developing country using multivariate grey models. Waste Management. 39(2015), 3-14.
- Jakkapong Udomsirichakorn, Prabir Basu, P.Abdul Salam and Bishnu Acharya. CaO-based chemical looping gasification of biomass for hydrogen-enriched gas production with in situ CO2 capture and tar reduction. Fuel Processing Technology. Vol. 127 (2014), pp 7-12.
- Phutchard Vicharnakorn, Rajendra P. Shrestha, Masahiko Nagai, Abdul P. Salam and Somboon Kiratiprayoon. Carbon Stock Assessment Using Remote Sensing and Forest Inventory Data in Savannakhet, Lao PDR. Remote Sensing. 2014, 6, 5452-5479; doi:10.3390/rs6065452.
- Jakkapong Udomsirichakorn and P. Abdul Salam. Review of hydrogen-enriched gas production from steam gasification of biomass: The prospect of CaO-based chemical looping gasification. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review. Vol.30 (2014), pp 565 -579.
- Jakkapong Udomsirichakorn, Prabir Basu, P.Abdul Salam and Bishnu Acharya. Effect of CaO on tar reforming to hydrogen-enriched gas with in-process CO2 capture in a bubbling fluidized bed biomass steam gasifier. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. Vol.38 (34), 2013. Pp. 14495-14504
- S. Kumar, Pujan Shrestha and P. Abdul Salam. A Review of Biofuel Policies in the Major Biofuel Producing Countries of ASEAN: Production, Targets, Policy Drivers and Impacts. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, Vol.26 (2013), pp 822-836.
- Technology Needs Assessment for Asia – Phase IV (Funded by GEF, Role: Principal Investigator)
- Circular system innovation for Polyurethane foam: Catalytic approach to upcycle foam waste from mattresses and beyond (Funded by Royal Academy, UK, Role: Co-Principal Investigator)
- Waste to Energy Ash Disposal and Utilization in South East Asia (Funded by Valmet Corporation, Finland, Role: Principal Investigator)
- Developing policy framework and business model to promote sustainable use of biomass briquettes in Nepal (Funded by CTCN, Principal Investigator).
- Development of a decision making paper on GHG mitigation options in Thailand waste sector (Funded by GIZ-Thailand, Principal Investigator)