Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) is intended to provide further preparation and skills for senior working professionals to reenter industry upon graduation. Both educational qualifications and work experience are taken into consideration for admission to the DBA program.
- The DBA program is offered in two semesters: January and August
- The DBA is a flexible program. Students can complete their study within 3 to 6 years, depending on their study plan
- In the first year, the research method courses for the DBA Program are delivered on weekends (six hours per weekend) in the School of Management Asoke Campus (in 2020, many students have joined weekend classes via Zoom – this flexibility is expected to continue for the foreseeable future). After that, meetings with supervisors take place via Zoom or in person.
DBA Degree Requirements:
All DBA candidates are expected to:
- Complete a minimum of 18 credits coursework with a minimum cGPA of 3.25.
- Previous MBA or equivalent Master Degree graduates (within the previous five years) may apply for a ‘Transfer of Credits’ for up to 6 credits of relevant coursework, subject to AIT criteria
- Complete a doctoral dissertation (66 credits);
- Defend the dissertation at an oral examination;
- Obtain a satisfactory evaluation of the dissertation from the External Examiner.
18 credits of coursework consisting of:
- Research method courses (9 credits)
- Knowledge building courses (6 credits)
- Special study (3 credits)
- Completion of online DBA application.
- one recommendation letter is needed.
- Bachelor Degree: Completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution with strong academic records and submission of academic transcript and certificate of degree. It is recognized there is variation among grading systems in regions of the world. There is, however, a minimum of 2.75/4.0 GPA from the undergraduate degree
- Master’s Degree: A master’s degree from a recognized institution prior to entry to the DBA is preferred. However, if one does not have a master’s degree prior to entry to the DBA, eligibility will be based on their professional experience and equivalent qualifications. For those DBA students admitted without a master’s degree, additional coursework may normally be required.
- Work Experience: On average, our DBA students have more than 10 years of work experience.
- All candidates must have evidence of English proficiency (please see below for more details)
- The minimum requirement for doctoral applicants is 5.5 (minimum entry requirement).
- As a requirement for graduation, students must attain a score of 6.0 on the AIT English Writing or must successfully complete EL19.
Exemption: Applicants who are citizens of and have been educated in an English-speaking country (e.g., Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA) are exempted from score submission. Proof of citizenship and studies must be submitted.
For more information regarding English requirements:
Visit AIT English Language: AIT’s Language Center
CONCERNED FACULTY & STAFF
Associate Professor & Faculty Director – PhD & DBA Programs
Phone: (66-2) 524-6017
Ms. Atirose Rattanapanop
Phone: +66 (0) 2 524 5650
+66 (0) 2 524 6183
Dr. Willi Zimmermann
|1st Year Registration and Tuition Fees||600,000|
|2nd Year Registration and Tuition Fees||600,000|
|Tuition Fee upon thesis commencement||300,000|