Dual Degree Master’s Program in Water Engineering and Management with the University of Iowa (USA)
MEng/MSc in Water Engineering and Management from the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand, and MSc in Civil and Environmental Engineering from the University of Iowa (UI), USA
About the Program
This program will prepare students for careers in hydrology and hydraulics by providing them with a strong foundation that includes both the theoretical and applied study of fluids. Students will receive the broad-based academic background needed for a career in engineering design, research, consulting, or academia. The AIT brings 60 years of regional experience in water education and research, complemented by the University of Iowa’s century of global leadership in fluids-related teaching and research, including experimentation (both laboratory and field-scale) and mathematical modeling.
Dual Degree Structure & Pathway
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (normally from a four-year program), or its equivalent
- The minimum undergraduate GPA requirement for admission to the master’s program is 3.0 or equivalent
- AIT: IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing 6)
- TOEFL Paper: 550 (writing 59-61)
- TOELF CBT: 213 (writing 25-26)
- TOEFL IBT: 80 (writing 21-23)
- UI: TOEFL IBT: 81
- IELTS: total score of 7.0 (no sub-score less than 6.0)
- Students satisfying the AIT requirement can be admitted to the program; however, to continue to Phase 2, students must achieve the UI scores for English proficiency while at AIT.
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE: 301 (verbal + quantitative) Students without GRE can also be admitted to the program; however, to continue to Phase 2, they must achieve the required GRE score while at AIT.
Interested candidates should apply for admission at AIT, which can be done online on the website: www.ait.ac.th/admissions
The application deadline for AIT is 30 May for the following August.
Students need to submit their applications for admission to UI during their first year at AIT. Online application for the Civil & Environmental Engineering program at UI can be found on the website: https://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/future-students/graduate-studies/line-application
The application deadline for UI is 28 February.
Students need to submit their application for admission to UI by February 28 during their year of studies at AIT. The selected candidates will receive an admission letter from UI during their first year at AIT.
|AIT (first year)||UI (second year)|
|Tuition Fee: U.S. $19,200||Tuition Fee: U.S. $30,900|
|Registration Fee: U.S. $1,333||Living Cost & Other: U.S. $15,000|
|Living Costs & Other: U.S. $5,000|
Scholarships and Support
- Meritorious students may apply for scholarship support.
- AIT will provide support for admission to the University of Iowa.
- AIT will provide students with support in preparing for the GRE.
For more information (Contact)
|Prof. Sangam Shrestha|
Professor and Chair,
water engineering and Management Program Asian Institute of Technology
About AIT: https://www.ait.ac.th/
|Dr. Gabriele Villarini|
Professor, Civil & Environmental EngineeringDirector,
IIHR—Hydroscience & EngineeringUniversity of Iowa
About UI: https://uiowa.edu/