Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
SOM offers one of the top-ranking MBA programs in Thailand, with the QS Global MBA Rankings 2021 placing it at #1 in Thailand, #14 in Asia and top #110 globally. The program also has a ranking of #7 in diversity in Asia (as our diverse gender and nationality split of faculty and students illustrates), and #18 in return on investment worldwide.
Our MBA program encourages participatory learning and uses a variety of interactive learning methodologies to educate students on the latest management concepts, techniques, and tools. More importantly, it helps them develop an attitude of listening to and understanding others, holistic thinking, collective decision making, communication, and the art of negotiation.
Designed to equip students with effective, practical tools to tackle complex, real-life business challenges, our interdisciplinary program combines elements from operations management, economics, finance, strategy, marketing, leadership, and other management fields, and aims to create the strategic leaders of tomorrow’s corporate future, within the scope of the pan-Asian and global arenas.
School of Management students are members of and have access to a unique, and the richly diverse international community that enables our students to learn from cross-cultural and multiple disciplinary faculty. They study, live and work alongside students from across Asia and around the world. The level of teamwork and collaboration fostered in this type of community prepares them to take these skill sets with them, as they join the extensive Asian Institute of Technology global alumni network.
- To develop strategic managers with global perspectives who can ensure organizational competitiveness and growth in a dynamic technological and business environment;
- To equip students to learn and thrive in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- To foster students’ understanding of and ability to apply contemporary management techniques;
- To promote relevant competencies in identifying, understanding, analyzing, and effectively solving the management challenges and problems in both public and private organizations;
- To provide introduce various multicultural management systems and experiences, through our access to a strong international network across Europe, America, and, Asia;
The MBA also allows for specialization in a range of management areas and for those on the 48-credit program who would like to have a substantial specialization on their transcript, they can do so in:
- Change & Innovation
In order to gain a specialization, those on the general MBA track will need to complete 12 credits of coursework in courses relating to one of these subject areas (the list of courses under each specialization is presented when a student enrolls on to the MBA, and the list changes each academic year).
Dr. Vimolwan Yukongdi
Associate Professor & Faculty Director – MBA Programs
Phone: (66-2) 524-8319
Office: SOM Room 209
Ms. Sitahng Puttha
Phone: +66 (0) 2 524 5650
+66 (0) 2 524 6183
|Accounting for Decision-Making||Required|
|Leadership and Organization Management||Required|
|Managing Technology and Innovation||Required|
|Responsible Management and Sustainability||Required|
|Strategic Brand Management||Electives|
|Strategic Supply Chain Management||Electives|
|Storytelling Using Data||Electives|
|Big Data Analytics||Electives|
|Valuation & Investment||Electives|