Structural Engineering Forum, AIT is hosting a competition under the title “Seismic Performance of Building Model” on 18 May 2023.
- One Building Model for both graduate and undergraduate students
- Balsa wood of a Maximum of 12×12 mm lateral dimension should be used
- The height of the structure should be 75.80 cm (Ground Floor + 4 Floors)
- Flat lightweight material can be used as a floor slab
- Graduate contestants are required to bring 1 building model showcasing anyone distinct vibration control strategy.
- Undergraduate contestants must bring only one building model demonstrating a vibration control strategy.
- Balsa Wood ( Max.12mm x 12mm cross section).
- Connections: Bolting, superglue, string, epoxy, or screw(plan accordingly).
- Baseplate: Should be made of Plywood/cardboard & should be exactly 30cm*30cm. To fix your model to the shaking table, the minimum cover on all four sides of the base plate should be at least 1.25 cm.
- Member Limit: 5-7 individuals
- Both graduate & undergraduate participants are required to bring 1 building model showcasing any one distinct vibration control strategy.
- Balsa wood should be used as material.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no discussion will be entered in relation to their decision.
Registration is free and should be carried out by filling out a google form.
Note: Please provide the names of their team captain along with other members and their advisor (Professor/Faculty Members)
- Graduate Students winner will receive 50,000 baht
- Undergraduate students winner will receive 30,000 baht
Venue: Asian Institute of Technology
For more information please contact Binay.Karna@ait.asia