Dr. Atikorn Panya
Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology, Food Innovation, Nutrition, and Health, Department of Food, Agriculture, and Bioresources
2007 – 2012 Ph.D. (Food Science), University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA
2000 – 2003 M.Sc. (Biotechnology), Mahidol University, Thailand
1996 – 2000 B.Sc. (Microbiology), Khonkaen University, Thailand
- Food Chemistry
- Food Lipids
- Food Colloids
- Lipid oxidation
- Antioxidant application
- Lipid modification
- Food and Flavor analysis using GC-MS and LC-MS
- Lee, J., Panya, A., Villeneuve, P and Decker. E. A. (2013) Antioxidant capacities of rosmarinate alkyl esters in riboflavin photosensitized oil-in-water emulsion systems. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 90 (2): 225-232.
- Laguerre, M., Bayrasy, C., Panya, A., Weiss, J., McClements, D.J., Lecomte, J. Decker, E.A., Villeneuve, P. (2013) What makes good antioxidants in lipid-based systems? The next theories beyond the polar paradox. Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. 55 (2): 183-201.
- Panya, A., Kittipongpittaya, K., Laguerre, M., B. christelle, Lecomte, J., Villeneuve, P., Mcclements, D. and Decker, E. A. (2013) Mechanisms of antioxidant interactions in oil-in-water emulsions: the influence of their physical locations and environmental ph. Inform (International news on fats, oils and related materials) September, 4-6.
- Kittipongpittaya, K.; Panya, A.; McClements, D.; Decker, E. A. (2014) Impact of Free Fatty Acids and Phospholipids on Reverse Micelles Formation and Lipid Oxidation in Bulk Oil. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 91(2): 453-462.
- Xu. D., Fang, Y., Yanxiang, G., Panya, A., McClements, D. J., Decker, E. A., (2014) Influence of whey protein–beet pectin conjugate on the properties and digestibility of β-carotene emulsion during in vitro digestion. Food Chem. 156: 374-379.