Dr. Farhad Zulfiqar
Agri-Business Management Program, Department of Food, Agriculture, and Bioresource
AREA OF EXPERTISE
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
Ph.D. in Regional and Rural Development Planning, Asian Institute of Technology
Masters in Agricultural Economics, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Sustainability in value chains
- Circular economy
- Innovations for sustainable development
- Climate-smart agriculture
- Food and nutritional security
- Agriculture policy analysis
- Nuansri, A., A. Datta, T.W. Tsusaka, F. Zulfiqar*. 2023. Factors influencing the profit and choice of agribusiness for agricultural cooperatives in Thailand. The Journal of International Development .
- Rahman, M.S., F. Zulfiqar, H. Ullah, S.K. Himanshu, A. Datta. 2023. Farmers’ perceptions, determinants of adoption, and impact on food security: case of climate change adaptation measures in coastal Bangladesh. Climate Policy.
- Zulfiqar, F.*, A. Datta, T.W. Tsusaka, M. Yaseen. 2021. Micro-level quantification of determinants of eco-innovation adoption: An assessment of sustainable practices for cotton production in Pakistan. Sustainable Production and Consumption, 28, 436-444.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spc.2021.06.014 (IF. 8.921)
- Zulfiqar, F.*, M. Abid, R. Ullah, S. Shahzad. 2021. Water management under climate change: the role of water commons and policy options. Water and Environment Journal, 35 (4), 1217-1225.
https://doi.org/10.1111/wej.12711 (IF. 1.977)
- Sher, A.*, S. Mazhar, F. Zulfiqar, D. Wang, X. Li. 2019. Green entrepreneurial farming: A dream or reality? Journal of Cleaner Production, 220, 1131-1142. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.02.198. (IF. 11.072)
- Zulfiqar, F.*, G.B. Thapa. 2018. Determinants and intensity of adoption of “better cotton” as an innovative cleaner production alternative. Journal of Cleaner Production, 172, 3468-3478.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.09.024. (IF. 11.072)
- Zulfiqar, F.*, G.B. Thapa. 2017. Agricultural sustainability assessment at provincial level in Pakistan. Land Use Policy, 68, 492-502.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2017.08.016. (IF. 6.189)
- Zulfiqar, F.*, A. Datta, G.B. Thapa. 2017. Determinants and resource use efficiency of “better cotton”: an innovative cleaner production alternative. Journal of Cleaner Production, 166, 1372-1380.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.08.155. (IF. 11.072)
- Zulfiqar, F.*, R. Ullah, M. Abid, A. Hussain. 2016. Cotton production under risk: A simultaneous adoption of risk coping tools. Natural Hazards, 84, 959-974. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-016-2468-9. (IF. 3.158)
- Abid, M.*, J. Schilling, J. Scheffran, F. Zulfiqar. 2016. Climate change vulnerability, adaptation and risk perceptions at farm level in Punjab, Pakistan. Science of the Total Environment, 547, 447-460.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.11.125. (IF. 10.753)
- Regenerative Agriculture in ASEAN: Promoting nature-positive solutions for rice production (REGA-ASEAN)
Funded by The Rockefeller Foundation, US
- Climate change adaptation in agriculture for enhanced recovery and sustainability of Highlands
Funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB)C
- Capacity Development Program for Students of Indian Universities
Funded by the World Bank through the NAHEP project at the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), India
- Identification and up-scaling of climate-smart agriculture (CSA) practices for sustainable food security in high altitude farming regions of Himalaya.
Funded by Asia Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN-GCR)
- Technology clinic for Agro-food small and medium-sized enterprises in Thailand
Funded by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)