Dr. Farhad Zulfiqar
Agri-Business Management Program, Department of Food, Agriculture, and Bioresource
AREA OF EXPERTISE
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
Ph.D. in Regional and Rural Development Planning, Asian Institute of Technology
Masters in Agricultural Economics, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Sustainability in value chains
- Circular economy
- Innovations for sustainable development
- Climate-smart agriculture
- Food and nutritional security
- Agriculture policy analysis
- Roy, D., F. Zulfiqar, T.W. Tsusaka, A. Datta. 2022. Household food insecurity and dietary diversity of women of reproductive age among smallholder farming households in northwest Bangladesh. Ecology of Food and Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1080/03670244.2021.2024176
- Zulfiqar, F., M. Abid, R. Ullah, S. Shahzad. 2021. Water management under climate change: the role of water commons and policy options. Water and Environment Journal, 35 (4), 1217-1225.
- Zulfiqar, F., A. Datta, T.W. Tsusaka, M. Yaseen. 2021. Micro-level quantification of determinants of eco-innovation adoption: An assessment of sustainable practices for cotton production in Pakistan. Sustainable Production and Consumption, 28, 436-444.
- Sher, A., S. Mazhar, F. Zulfiqar, D. Wang, X. Li. 2019. Green entrepreneurial farming: A dream or reality? Journal of Cleaner Production, 220, 1131-1142.
- Zulfiqar, F., G.B. Thapa. 2018. Determinants and intensity of adoption of “better cotton” as an innovative cleaner production alternative. Journal of Cleaner Production, 172, 3468-3478
- Zulfiqar, F., G.B. Thapa. 2017. Agricultural sustainability assessment at provincial level in Pakistan. Land Use Policy, 68, 492-502.
- Abid, M., J. Schilling, J. Scheffran, F. Zulfiqar. 2016. Climate change vulnerability, adaptation and risk perceptions at farm level in Punjab, Pakistan. Science of the Total Environment, 547, 447-460.
- Identification and up-scaling of climate-smart agriculture (CSA) practices for sustainable food security in high altitude farming regions of Himalaya.
Funded by Asia Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN-GCR)
- Climate change adaptation in agriculture for enhanced recovery and sustainability of Highlands.
Funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Circular economy of sustainable packaging solutions of agribusinesses: cost efficiency and consumer preferences assessment.
Funded by Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Technology clinic for agro-food small and medium-sized enterprises in Thailand.
Funded by United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
- Managing water commons and the extent of their climate Resilience in Punjab, Pakistan.
Funded by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan