Dr. Mongkol Ekpanyapong
Microelectronics and Embedded Systems
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Georgia Institute of Technology (2003- 2006 ), Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Ph.D. thesis: Microarchitecture-Aware Physical Planning for Deep Submicron Technology
- Georgia Institute of Technology (2001 – 2003 ), Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Asian Institute of Technology (1998 – 2000), Pathumthani, Thailand. Master of Engineering in Computer Science Master’s thesis: FPGA-based video compression using OBDD representation.
- Chulalongkorn University (1993 – 1997), Bangkok, Thailand. Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering Senior project: R4000 hardware architecture design and implementation
Physical VLSI Design, Computer Architecture, VLSI Design, and Compiler.
- Adriano Tavares, Mongkol Ekpanyapong, Jorge Cabral, Paulo Cardoso, Jose Mendes and Joao Monteiro,”Experiments with Embedded System Design at UMinho and AIT”, in Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, Ed. Khine Soe Thaung, Vol. 126/2012, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 2012, pp.41-48
- Rodric M. Rabbah, Hariharan Sandanagobalane, Mongkol Ekpanyapong, and Weng-Fai Wong, Compiler Orchestrated Prefetching via Speculation and Predication, ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, Vol. 38, Issues 5, pp. 189-198, 2004
- M. Ekpanyapong, J. Minz, T. Watewai, H-H. S. Lee, and S. K. Lim, Profiling-guided microarchitectural floorplanning for deep submicron processor design, in IEEE Transactions on Computer Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD) 2006.
- M. Ekpanyapong, M. Healy, and S. K. Lim, Profile-driven Instruction Mapping for Dataflow Architectures, in IEEE Transactions on Computer Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD) 2006.
- M. Healy, M. Vittes, M. Ekpanyapong, S. K. Lim, H-H. S. Lee, and G. Loh, Multi-Objective Microarchitectural Floorplanning for 2D and 3D ICs, in IEEE Transactions on Computer Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD) 2007.
- Asim Nisar, Mongkol Ekpanyapong, Antonio Valles, and Kuppuswamy Sivakumar, 45nm Core 2 Silicon Performance , Intel Technology Journal (ITJ) Vol. 12, Issues 3, pp. 157-168, 2008 http://www.intel.com/technology/itj/2008/v12i3/1-paper/5-processor.htm
- Sarayut Amornwongpeeti, Mongkol Ekpanyapong and Chumnarn Punyasa, Exploring of Third-Order Cascaded Multi-bit Delta-Sigma Modulator with Interstage Feedback Paths, ECTI Transactions on Electrical engineering, Electronics, and Communication 2011
- A Generative-Oriented Model-Driven Design Environment for Customizable Video Surveillance Systems, Nuno Cardoso, Pedro Rodrigues, João Vale, Paulo Garcia, Paulo Cardoso, João Monteiro, Jorge Cabral, José Mendes., Mongkol Ekpanyapong and Adriano Tavares, to be appeared in EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems 2012
- National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) research funding 2010
- Thailand Research Funding (TRF) research funding 2010
- ISPD best paper candidate 2006
- Award in hardware design contest, Nectec, Thailand, 1997