Dr. Roger Levermore
Politics / Development / Contemporary issues;
Business in Africa;
Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2018-present; Associate Professor in Business Management Education (Senior Lecturer) at the School of Business Associate Director, MBA programs
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2012-2018; Associate Professor in Business Management Education (Senior Lecturer) at the School of Business Management, July 2012-present; Interim Director of the HKUST MBA (July 2012-July 2013)
Associate Director, HKUST MBA programs (May 2014-to date)
University of Liverpool, 2001-2014 (tenured track); Lecturer in international development and management, 2001-12 & MBA programme Director, 2005-2010, BA (International Business) programme Director, 2002-2005.
Norwich Union Life Insurance Society, 1989-1994 Senior Claims Administrator
Teaching excellence award, University of Liverpool, 2007
2015 winner of the ‘Common Core’ excellence in teaching award, HKUST (out of 300 Common Core courses)
2016 winner of the HKUST ‘Franklin prize’ for UG core course teaching
Roger Levermore and Aaron Beacom (Eds). 2012, Sport and International Development. London, Palgrave
Roger Levermore and Adrian Budd (Eds), 2004, Sport and International Relations: An emerging relationship. London, Routledge
- Roger Levermore and Neil Moore, 2015, ‘The need to apply new theories to “Sport CSR”’, Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society, 15:2, 249-253
- Roger Levermore, 2014, ‘How ‘organisational geography’ influences the shaping of CSR: an example of seven Japanese MNEs’, Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 56: December, 67- 82.
- Neil Moore and Roger Levermore, 2012, ‘English professional football clubs: Can business parameters of small and medium-sized enterprises be applied?’, Sport, Business, Management: An International Journal, 3:2, 196-209
- Roger Levermore, 2011, ‘Analysing the extent to which evaluation of corporate social responsibility for development through sport is conducted’, Third World Quarterly, 32:3, 322-335.
- Roger Levermore, 2011, ‘Sport-for-development and the 2010 football World Cup’, Geography Compass, 5:12, 886-897.
- Roger Levermore, 2010, ‘CSR for development through sport: Examining its potential and limitations’, Third World Quarterly, 31:2, 223-241.
- Roger Levermore and Peter Millward, 2007, ‘Official policies and informal transversal networks: Creating ‘pan-European identifications’ through sport?’, Sociological Review 55:1, 144-164.