Dr. Oleg V. Shipin
PhD, Microbiology, Inst. of Biochemistry and Physiology of Microorganisms, Pouschino, Moscow region, Russia (1986)
MSc, Biochemistry, Saratov State University, Saratov, Russia (1981)
Water and wastewater related courses of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE), SA Association of Consulting Engineers (SAACE) and University of Pretoria (1998-2000)
- Ecological Engineering for climate change adaptation
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Natural systems (ponds and wetlands) as wastewater treatment systems
- Microbial aspects of Environmental Engineering
- Health and Ecological Risk assessment
- Water Safety Plans
- Microbial biotechnology and nanotechnology
- H. Habib, A.J. Anceno, J. Fiddes, J. Beekma, M. Ilyuschenko, V. Nitivattananon, O.V. Shipin 2013. Jumpstarting strategic water resources protection from a changing global perspective: gaps and prospects in Afghanistan. Journal of Environmental Management, 129, 244-259.
- Baruah, S., Cesar Ortinero, C., Shipin, O.V. and Dutta, J. 2012. Manganese doped zinc sulfide quantum dots for detection of Escherichia coli. Journal of Fluorescence, Springer, 22, 403-408.
- Noicharoen, D., Parkpian, P., Shipin, O.V., Polprasert, C., DeLaune, R.D. and Kongchum, M. (2012). Effect of salinity on adsorption and desorption of paraquat in Pak Phanang river sediment, Thailand. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A, 47, (12), 1897- 1908.
- D. Noicharoen, P. Parkpian, O. V. Shipin, C. Polprasert, R. D. DeLaune and Manoch Kongchum. 2012. Effect of salinity on adsorption and desorption of paraquat in Pak Phanang river sediment, Thailand. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A, 47, 12, 2012, pp. 1897- 1908.
- S. Afroze, O.Shipin, A. Iqbal. 2011. Dealing with Cumulative Effects (Impacts) in Asian MultiFunctional Wetlands. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 2, 4, 54-62, Publisher: IISTE, International Institute for Science, Technology and Education, USA.
- Effective Microorganisms and Water Safety Plans. Funding Agency: WHO. Nov 2012-Dec 2013
- Pollution Mitigation in Coastal Communities via the Multi-functional Wetland (Mangrove) approach with Biodiversity and Sustainable Agri-Business Co-benefits, jointly with UNIPA, State University of Papua, Indonesia. Funding Agency: UNEP. Aug 2012-Dec 2014
- Strategic Environmental Assessment for N.-C. Afghanistan to ensure sustainable use of water resources. Funding agency: British Council. Sept 2010-Apr 2013
- A Euro-Asia Partnership for the Development of Human Resource Capacity of Engineering Education in Afghanistan. Funding Agency: EU. June 2008-June 2011
- Real-time PCR Diagnostic Kit for Giardia and Cryptosporidium parasites. Funding Agency: NIH USA. Aug 2008-July 2009