Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Management
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is intended to prepare students for an academic career and research and/or teaching. The PhD program requires applicants to have completed a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree of at least 48 credits, or its equivalent.
PhD Degree Requirements:
All PhD candidates are expected to:
- Complete a minimum of 12 credits of coursework and maintain a cGPA of not less than 3.25;
- Complete a doctoral dissertation (72 credits);
- Defend the dissertation at an oral examination;
- Obtain a satisfactory evaluation of the dissertation from the External Examiner;
- Have at least one scientific paper based on the dissertation published in or accepted by an international refereed journal where the student is the first author before the final examination.
These 12 credits of coursework include research method courses, which are:
- Approaches of qualitative research
- Methods of qualitative research
- Foundations of management research
- Management research methods and writing
- Data strategies & hypotheses testing
- Building models that link to theory
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree is intended to prepare students for an academic career and research and/or teaching. The Ph.D. program requires a 48-credit Master’s degree or equivalent upon entry and publication upon graduation.
To be eligible for admission to the regular Ph.D. program, an applicant must:
- Have strong academic records (both undergraduate and graduate) and usually hold a four-year bachelor’s degree, and a Master’s degree, preferably with a combination of course and thesis work, from an institution of good standing, acceptable to AIT. The minimum cumulative Grade Points Average (cGPA) requirement for admission to the doctoral program is 3.50 or equivalent at the Master’s degree level.
- Submit a brief outline of the dissertation research proposal, including the required research facilities, if necessary.
- The minimum requirement for doctoral applicants is 5.5 (minimum entry requirement).
- Applicants admitted with conditions should satisfy the English language requirement of 6.0 AIT-EET (or equivalent) within their 5th term.
- As a requirement for graduation, students must attain a score of 6.0 on the AIT English Writing.
Exemption: Applicants who are citizens of and have been educated in an English-speaking country (e.g., Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA) are exempted from score submission. Proof of citizenship and studies must be submitted.
For more information regarding English requirements: Click Here
Also, you may want to visit AIT English Language: AIT’s Language Center.
CONCERNED FACULTY & STAFF
Associate Professor & Faculty Director – PhD & DBA Programs
Phone: (66-2) 524-6017
Ms. Wilaiporn Cherngchawano
Phone: +66 (0) 2 524 5650
+66 (0) 2 524 6183